Ride the White Water of the Southern Lake District’s Rivers all the while soaking up some of the best rapids and incredible scenery in Great Britain. Starting on Windermere and building up to the famous Backbarrow Falls – this is definitely Lake District White Water Rafting UK Style!
North Lakes White Water Rafting Adventure
The Most Spectacular Valley In England!
- A fully experienced raft guide will be on every raft
- No previous experience required! A full safety briefing will be given before your adventure!
- Big groups can be accommodated on occasion, please contact us directly if spaces are not available for online bookings
- Everyone must weigh under 20 stone/127 kilogram
- Passengers must be able to swim
- Starts At
- Child Ages: 8-17
- Adult Ages: 18+
For 2-6 People
One Adult Per Raft
From the North of Lake District, UK, we offer majestic White Water Rafting with some of the best views in England!
The North region of the Lake District offers stunning scenery on one of the most spectacular rivers in the UK. Suitable for all abilities, there are gentle stretches where you can admire the beautiful countryside, through to thrilling rapids that are great fun for everyone!
Whether you seek a fun outdoor adventure or simply want to immerse yourself in the beauty of the Lake District’s North Lakes, white water rafting provides a unique way to explore this captivating region.
It’s a journey that will leave you with lasting memories and a deep appreciation for the incredible natural wonders that surround you!
On this adventure, Lake District White Water Rafting travels through an amazing sandstone valley, which is more like a Canadian Salmon River than anything you expect to find in England.
After a full safety briefing, the Rafts travel in convoy with their own fully qualified raft guide, who give instructions to keep everyone safe. There is lots of fun and interaction between the rafts!
Lake District White Water Rafting runs on natural rivers, and as such, every trip can be different. In periods of prolonged wet weather, the rapids can be bigger. In periods of prolonged dry weather, the rapids can be gentler. We raft in all weather conditions, whether it’s raining, sunny, or snowing. We say there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing! As such, we have wetsuits for all conditions; to keep you cool in summer, and warm in winter. We raft in low and high water. Whatever the conditions, the raft guides will make sure that you all have an incredible experience!
The timing is not an exact science, and adventurers have been known to get carried away having fun! We do not recommend booking gourmet dinners after your White Water Rafting Adventure, as any delays would impact your booking. We recommend a self catering meal, or enjoying the local cuisine from the nearby pubs.
White-Water Rafting is an exhilarating and physical fulfilling outdoor activity. Whilst our trips are easily suited to people of marginal fitness, we don’t recommend undertaking additional strenuous activities on the same day, unless you are confident about the fitness level of your group.
We can’t wait to see you on the water!
- Trainers which can get wet (these need to have a good treaded sole and be securely fitted – wet suit boots with smooth soles are not appropriate, neither are flip flops or crocs)
- Swimwear & Towel
- Personal Medication (any which could be required)
- If you wish to bring A Go-Pro (or any equivalent) please bring your own body harness as they cannot be mounted on helmets
- The ability to swim and be comfortable in water wearing a buoyancy aid
Most importantly, a spirit of fun and adventure!
- Buoyancy Aid
- Safety Helmet
- Life Jacket
- Fully Qualified Raft Guide
- Expert Tuition
- Free Shuttle Ride (to the river and back – when required)
- Dry Jackets are added in the Winter Months
- Free Car Parking (North Lakes Only)